What is Cosmetic Acupuncture
Also known as Facial Acupuncture or Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture
Cosmetic acupuncture, also known as facial acupuncture or facial rejuvenation acupuncture, is a noninvasive beauty treatment that involves the insertion of thin, sterile needles into specific points on the face and body. The holistic approach of the method addresses facial concerns and identifies underlying ageing factors using traditional acupuncture principles. As the standards of every practitioner vary significantly, offering different individual experiences, here are some potential benefits associated with cosmetic acupuncture:
Can facial acupuncture stimulate collagen?
1. Reduced signs of ageing: Cosmetic acupuncture is believed to stimulate collagen production, improve blood circulation, and enhance muscle tone, which can help reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin. It may promote a more youthful and radiant complexion. The treatment results in healthier-looking skin with noticeable results from the first treatment. to edit it.
Can cosmetic acupuncture help with pigmentation?
2. Improved skin texture and tone: By promoting blood flow and nourishing the skin, facial acupuncture may help improve skin texture, evening out rough areas, and reduce hyperpigmentation. This can result in smoother, more even-toned skin. In addition, as pigmentation or melasma is a concern often treated in clinical practice, cosmetic acupuncture addresses excess melanin production. It allows the skin to reabsorb excess melanin, fading and minimising the localised discoloration patches.
Does facial acupuncture help with skin hydration?
3. Increased skin hydration: Cosmetic acupuncture may improve skin hydration and moisture retention, leading to plumper, healthier-looking skin. It can help address dryness and improve overall skin health. In addition, facial acupuncture may modulate the water and oil content of the skin, enhancing its elasticity and resilience.
Can facial acupuncture help with Bell's palsy or facial nerve damage?
4. Facial muscle tone regulation: Bell's Palsy is paralysis on one side of the face caused by facial nerve dysfunction. A specialised facial acupuncture protocol used in cosmetic acupuncture can help regulate facial muscle tone, reducing inflammation and tension reestablishing normal facial muscle tone and encouraging better facial expressions.
Can acupuncture help with stress?
5. Stress reduction: Acupuncture is known for its relaxation-inducing effects. Cosmetic acupuncture treatments may help relieve stress and promote overall well-being, positively affecting the skin and appearance. The method addresses stress with additional traditional and ear acupuncture within the treatment tailored to the patient.
Is cosmetic acupuncture a natural treatment?
6. Noninvasive and natural: Cosmetic acupuncture is non-surgical and noninvasive. It offers a more natural approach to enhancing the appearance without injectables or harsh chemicals, which may appeal to individuals seeking holistic beauty treatments. It works by triggering the natural healing resources of the skin and improving its structure and resilience.
What is the difference between traditional and cosmetic acupuncture?
7. Holistic approach to beauty: Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) views beauty as an overall health and well-being expression. Acupuncture for health focuses on health issues, using acupuncture points on the body. Cosmetic acupuncture focuses on the face
by embracing a holistic approach, addressing skin laxity, fine lines, wrinkles, and other related skin issues.
What is the Acuskinlift method?
Dr (TCM) John Tsagaris is an internationally renowned Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) founder and educator of the Acuskinlift Method in Knightsbridge, London and prestigious locations worldwide. Dr John Tsagaris also provides TCM home visits in Chelsea, Kensington and Knightsbridge for a more personal service for a discerning clientele.
His unique skin rejuvenating method uses tiny acupuncture needles in the skin where it needs more volume or areas prone to fine lines and wrinkles. The technique aims to reorganize collagen fibers in these areas, resulting in firmer and lifted skin. His bespoke method is an advanced aesthetic method that tightens and firms the skin. The results can be observed after the first treatment; however, as the methods stimulate more collagen, the benefits build up with time, encouraged by follow-up sessions.
“Where traditional acupuncture meets modern aesthetics”
Published: 23rd May 2023
Share this post: