With over 25 years of practicing Traditional Chinese medicine and acupuncture, John Tsagaris has specialised in optimising the chances for increased pregnancy rates with acupuncture for fertility.
He offers individually tailored treatments for natural and assisted conception fertility options. He increases potential fertility outcomes, addressing underlying health factors such as recurrent miscarriage, unexplained infertility for both men and women and early pregnancy complications.
John Tsagaris has more treatment success, especially with challenging cases. He helps couples who have tried many hormonal and conventional treatments with limited success. John uses an integrative and holistic approach to identify and improve the positive results of his patients.
Fertility is a complicated health issue. The patient needs to understand the options available and investigate how to maximise the chances of success. Did you know that the combination of IVF treatment with acupuncture significantly increases success rates?
Acupuncture can provide natural support on a patients’ fertility journey. While acupuncture works to aid implantation rates and subsequent healthy pregnancies in IVF, other assisted conception treatments, IUI and donor egg cycles can be supported very effectively.
John Tsagaris personally offers his individually tailored acupuncture course and provides herbal and nutritional supplementation to complement his treatments. He may include, as appropriate, within his acupuncture treatments shiatsu bodywork, ear acupuncture, cupping, or electro-acupuncture, to maximise his sessions’ therapeutic outcome.
Frequently John suggests seeing both the woman and man during the first consultation to assess fertility complications.
Specifically, within the acupuncture protocol, he suggests sessions at various critical times during the IVF/IUI process:
- Leading up to menstruation. Regulating the cycle and creating a natural, predictable pattern determines how well balanced the body performs. John Tsagaris complements any hormonal intervention offered to the patient with a personalised acupuncture strategy.
- Preparation of IVF/IUI cycle. It is a crucial period where depending on the hormonal intervention or just embryo transfer, the patient needs to be optimal.
- Pre- and post-embryo transfer. Acupuncture sessions will be scheduled strategically before and after the embryo transfer to facilitate the body’s response to the procedure.
- The Two-Week waiting period. It is vital to minimise stress and anxiety during this time as it may interfere with the outcome. John will offer comforting sessions that help support the patient and relieve tension.
John Tsagaris will have an extensive consultation with his patient. He will investigate underlying health contributing problems, taking an overall health assessment by recording the menstrual cycle and patterns. He may request current blood and hormonal test results to support his findings, choosing an individually tailored treatment protocol.
John investigates and addresses fertility-related problems, including:
- egg reserve or egg quality issues,
- ovulation problems,
- regularity of menstrual cycle,
- polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS),
- fibroids, unexplained infertility,
- stress-related factors and overall wellbeing.
A course of acupuncture sessions will be recommended following the menstrual cycle, ovulation, and patient’s overall health.
In the UK, fertility issues are due to:
- 30% male patients,
- 30% female patients, and
- 30-40% are due to both patients or unexplained causes.
John Tsagaris, while treating men, assess the overall health of the patient and discuss hormonal concerns, sperm quality and quantity, and psychological factors that may contribute to fertility problems.
A course of treatments is advised for optimal results.
Duration: One hour – Loose, comfortable clothing is recommended
Individual treatment with consultation: £350/60min complimentary Shiatsu bodywork when appropriate
A course of four sessions: £1,350
A course of six sessions: £2,250